WHO WE ARE
Princess Medical Centre, a registered trademark of Princess Medi-Clinics Nig. Ltd Port Harcourt is a wholly indigenous healthcare brand that had given a new breath of life to medical services in Port Harcourt and its environ.
Princess Medical Centre was initially established as a 2-star hospital in Port Harcourt in 1988.
In 2013, PMC started the development of a new multi-specialty hospital, THE SIGNATURE WING HOSPITAL to contribute significantly to the stemming tide of medical tourism in this part of the country. This project was facilitated vide our partnership with Shell Nigeria through their Aspire Growth Fund. The Signature Hospital, which is located at #5 Ndahbros Street, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout has changed the narrative of healthcare delivery in Port Harcourt since it commenced operations in 2018.
To take care of patients from different economic strata, our old facility has been upgraded to a 3 Star facility and relocated to 3B Ndahbros Street, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt, christened the CLASSIC WING. The quality of healthcare at both the SIGNATURE and CLASSIC & AFFORDABLE Wings remain the same.
Over the years, Princess Medical Centre has accomplished a great deal, well ahead of her peers and has continued to grow exponentially. This is attributable to the well trained, highly experienced, motivated and focused professionals that run the hospitals. Our management team consist of people with the appropriate multi-dimensional skills and exposure led by the Founder, Chairman/CEO Dr. Emi Membere-Otaji, OON, NPoM, DSSRS., while the medical team is driven by the Medical Director, Dr. Lazarus Ameh FWACS.
The facilities at the Signature Wing Hospital include:
- Critical Care (ICU & SCBU)
- 3 Philips Medical Fitted Theatres
- Land & Air Ambulance Services
- Ear, Nose & throat
- (Incl. Evacuations to top Partner hospital
- Audiometry & Tympanometry booth Europe, Dubai, India, S.A etc.)
- Dental Clinic
- Physiotherapy & Pain Management
- Dialysis and Nephrology Services
- Blood Bank & fully Automated Lab. Services
- Assisted Reproductive Technology(IVF)
- Digital Radiography & 4D Ultrasound
- Multi-Specialists Medi-Care
- Seafarers’ Certification
- Comprehensive Medical Check-ups
- General Practice
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 60, In-patient beds in Presidential/Executive
- General and Private Delivery Suites.
- Suites, single and general wards.
- Hospital Management System (HMS)
- Central Nurse Call System
For the Classic & Affordable Wing
- 15, In-patient Beds
- Ultrasound Services
- Laboratory Services
- Delivery Suite
- Digital Radiography
- Isolation Ward
For affordability, this Wing also runs the special PMC Health Financing Plan. Importantly, referrals from the Classic & Affordable Wing to the Signature Wing, attracts reasonable discounts.
We are in partnership with the INTERNATIONAL SOS, Paris, France and the ANAVARA GROUP that provides emergency air evacuation and referrals to over 150 hospitals at different parts of the globe.
In collaboration with our partners through our telemedicine healthcare practitioners in different parts of the world can be consulted without your physical travelling.
Over the years we have provided Medical Services to most of the International Oil and Gas Producing companies, the major oil services companies, multinational and indigenous companies as well as government parastatals.
These companies include but not limited to the following:
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC)
- Chevron Nigeria Limited
- Nigeria LNG Limited
- Exxon Mobil
- Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Port Authority (NPA)
- Schlumberger Nigeria Limited(SLB)
- NIMASA etc.
- All HMOs in Nigeria
- Others – MSO (UK Bupa)
At Princess Medical Centre, we are combining quality healthcare and 5-Star hospitality. Our services are provided following appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The SOPs are applicable to all our hospital wings.
As a policy, all emergency cases brought to any of our hospitals are given initial treatment with or without down payments. Thereafter those that are unable to pay their bills are referred to government hospitals.